Thursday, January 6, 2011

Earworm of Doom







Day Two.


I have had Paul Simon's 'You Can Call Me Al' stuck in my head the ENTIRE morning. Not fair. It's a good song, but once you've got it in there, it won't let up and just keeps playing and playing and playing.


Other annoying songs that get stuck on repeat include:


1.) Men at Work - You Can Dance if You Want To (Which is a particularly good one for torturing my brothers)
2.) The Alphabet (WTF??)
3.) What Do Tigers Dream Of - Stu (The Hangover)
4.) Any crap by the Parlotones
5.) Toni Basil - Hey Mickey


Apparently this is referred to as an 'Earworm.' Thanks Wiki Wiki for that little gem of info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earworm


Can someone please explain to the worm that I prefer Foo Fighters or Counting Crows?


Apologies if I've just spurred on a mash-up of all of the above tunes. My bad.


You can call me Al...


Megs


Love.Eat.Live.


xoxo

2 comments:

  1. Hi M keep writing its nice. I think men without hats did you can dance if you want to and called it safety dance x men at work did things like do you come from a land downunder

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh! I think you're right. Clearly my brain was super fried!!!

    ReplyDelete